Sunday, February 28, 2010

Don't mess with Texas....

Jeff had a conference to attend in San Antonio. When we first talked about him going away...it was when Henri was a mere twinkle in our eye. As the date approached...and as I started to panic as I imagined multiple days at home by myself with Henri and no Jeff to help...I begged him not to leave me. So...as a compromise...Henri and I packed up and traveled with Jeff. :)

Some of you might think we are crazy...but Henri was a great traveler. Here are a few photos from our trip...

Henri at the Alamo...for those of you who know my husband...you know that he loves to take photos...and can take up to 500 in a weekend. When it was just the two of us...I was his main model...now that Henrik is here...we have a new focal point! Yay!

Henri and his kicks at the Alamo.

Ah...our family....



San Antonio...the view from our hotel.


Who wouldn't smile waking up with this little one to brighten your day...




Contemplative Henri on the Riverwalk....


Still working on the tongue....


The Riverwalk...absolutely gorgeous...makes San Antonio such an attractive city...


A little out of order....back at the Alamo...Henri kicking off his boots...37 times...we finally gave up...but they are very cute!



Jeff and Henri on the Riverwalk boat cruise...

Our family...

Following the cruise...a very sleepy Henri as we walked to the Tower of the Americas...aka the Faux Space Needle...


The great public art in the city. Loved it!


Ah...the Tower...or the Face Needle as I call it. Being loyal to Seattle...no one wanted to talk to us about how it compared...someone did say this is a little taller....hmm.....

The view from the top...



You have a baby...in a bar. :) The restaurant was booked...so we treated Henri to his first happy hour for dinner. The best story of the night...Jeff was carrying Henri in the Baby Bjorn...and in the elevator on the way down...a gentleman...who had obviously had a little too much happy during happy hour...turns to Jeff and says, "well you sure can appreciate what she went through carrying him for nine months." Hmmm.....

I tried to post these last night on the flight home. Jeff and Henri were both asleep...and I decided to splurge for the in-flight wi-fi. When do I ever have two hours of uninterrupted internet time?! Just my luck...the photos wouldn't upload. :) So...a day late...I'll try to post more photos later this week. I go back to work part-time...can't believe it is already March...Jeff graduates in early May...yay!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!

    We get comments all the time about how much Jack looks like me. You know, it must be my bleach blonde hair and blue eyes? LOL!

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete