Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Henri's first birthday

I can't believe our sweet baby boy is already a year old! We celebrated his birthday on the actual day, June 1, with a small party in the park near our home. Nothing fancy...pizza and cake...but Henri was able to do his favorite...play outside!

Mom and the Birthday boy:

The Park:

Henri and Karina...Nico is on the swings:


Our friend, Nikki...and baby S:

The great news about the party at the park...no clean-up at the house. Bad news...no air conditioning. It was so hot...the monkey's face melted off Henri's cake:


Getting ready for the action:

Lots of good wishes for our little one:

Yum...a gooey cake mess:

More of a mess:

So messy that nothing could be salvaged...had to be stripped to my onesie...where I then discovered the melting bag of ice on the ground:

My new favorite place to play...the water:

So happy splashing in that cool water:


While everyone else played on the slides:


I finally let my daddy hold me:

Me and my buddy, Nico:


And my good friend, Baby S:

a great first birthday!


and then the walk home...


Just in time to beat the rain:
Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet Henrik!

No comments:

Post a Comment